Saturday, February 23, 2008

Encouragement Through A Psalm

I was quite down this week due to so many things that has happened. It’s has been a really busy and hectic week for me. I hardly had enough sleep. The other day, I did a devotional on how God love me so so much but I seem to take Him too much for granted. I complain that He is not there all the time without realizing He has never left my side. Instead, it has been me who has not been looking and seeking Him. And sometimes, it's like when I have nowhere else to turn to, only then I turn and look to Him. Instead of putting Him first in my priorities, I find other means to solve my problems and when it’s the dead end, then comes the question, “Where are You, God?” And then instead of listening to what He has to say, I go back to my busy and hectic schedule, ignoring Him and then wonder why God hasn’t answered me. Which in fact, I wasn’t even paying attention or listening. Pastor Petrina has preached on this before and just recently I’m re-reminded again about this.
Below is an acrostic psalm I wrote during AIM and though I wrote it some time ago, every time I read it, I’m always reminded of God’s Love for me no matter what happens. And God still uses it to speak to me. The beginning of each line is each alphabet in sequence. Hope it blesses you too.

A life without You is like a vicious cycle, meaningless,
Without hope, without gist, full of bitterness.

But You are there with me all the time,
Through my hurts, heartache and strive.

Ceasing the pain on my own, I am not able,
But for You, oh Lord all things are possible.

Determined to make You Lord of my heart,
From You my God may I never depart.

Every ache, every fear You drive them away,
Your love for me is more than any words can say.

Forever You are faithful in every way,
You’ve always kept the words You say.

Guiding me through the Holy Spirit, to keep in Your ways,
Giving me strength to face each new day.

Hallelujah for all You have done, my God,
You alone are of my praises, oh Lord.

I give You all honour and all praise,
My life to You I raise.

Jesus, You’re my Comfort and my Friend,
I’ll love and trust You till the very end.

Keeping me safe in Your mighty hands each day
You are always there for me every day.

Love, You gave unconditionally,
Continuously and eternally.

My love compared to Yours is nothing,
And yet You embrace it like it means everything.

Nothing and no one can be compared to You,
All glory and worship are only for You.

Offering Your Son to die for me,
Your love has set me from bondage free.

Providing a way for reconciliation,
You suffered pain and humiliation.

Quietness and peace I’ve found through You,
My burdens and cares I’ll lay on You.

Restored me into Your loving arms when I fall,
In times of desperation to You I call.

Saving grace You gave freely,
Out of love You gave Your Son for me.

To be Your child is a privilege You’ve given,
Through Your grace I’m forgiven.

Unworthy I may be to call you Dad,
But You looked through all my faults and bad.

Victory over darkness You gained,
You prevailed over sin and pain.

Willing to take me in Your arms again,
Even though I fail You time and again.

Xeric I am and I long for Your refreshing outpour,
Fill me so I thirst no more.

You touch my heart for all You’ve done for me,
All that you suffered as You hung on that tree.

Zenith of everything in my life is only found through You,
And all is vanity without You.


No comments:

 

Designed by me =p